Please ensure all members of your team read these instructions as well as the Rules and Kit List and that you all understand the arrangements for the event.
A large secondary school somewhere in The Chiltern Hills. Your team manager will be told the exact location two weeks before the event
EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBER
The emergency telephone number for Central Control is a mobile number 07960 282626. Please ensure your team’s home contact has this number which will be operational from 21:00 on Friday.
The School will be open from 21.00hrs on the Friday and you may report in at any time from then until ONE HOUR before your 50 mile, 50 km or 30 km scheduled start time (TWO HOURS if you require breakfast).
When you receive your start times, we will also give you a time to arrive for breakfast and time to arrive at kit check. Please keep to these times as this helps us to manage the smooth running of the event through to the start area.
Please follow the signs for the car park for this event as you enter the School. It is important that you do not park in other areas or obstruct access to the School for other vehicles.
There will be direction signs displayed on the approach to the School and signage in the School to assist you in navigating your way around. You will be allocated a sleeping area once you have checked in at the registration Desk. Please do not settle down anywhere other than where instructed. You may want to bring an air-bed, but please do NOT bring camp beds as these can cause problems with the allocation of sleeping space. If you arrive late at the School please bed down quickly and quietly. Your co-operation on this would be much appreciated.
Please check in on arrival. When you check in please report as a complete team and you will be issued with the necessary items for the walk.
- Identity Wristbands (team no. plus A,B,C,D,E) - these are individual to each competitor and should be worn on the wrist at all times for identification and obtaining meals. The emergency telephone number is also on the wrist band
- Luggage Labels - to be tied to the luggage bag you are leaving behind. Please make sure you pack your kit into bags, attach the label and take it to the kit check area so that it will be ready for collection at the finish.
- If you have any team member changes please log on to the online entry database and make the necessary amendments. This can be done up until midnight on the Thursday before the event. After this time, changes will need to be made at the registration desk on arrival.
Those of you bringing along supporters are reminded that food and accommodation can be provided but the cost of meals is payable on a pay as you go basis. Supporters should also remember that food and drink at checkpoints are for teams only. Supporters can pick up details of the route from the Information Desk once all the teams have started. Please ensure that any parking restrictions are followed.
Saturday breakfast will be served from 04.30 hrs to 07.30 hrs.
An evening meal will be provided on return to the School from 18.30 hrs onwards.
Sunday breakfast will be served from 07.30hrs to 09.00hrs.
There will be no food served on Friday evening but there is a selection of local food outlets close by as long as you arrive at a sensible time.
PRESENTATION ON SUNDAY MORNING
The presentations for all three events will start at 9.30 am with an event summary, Guest speaker, Certificates and trophy presentation and the Event Video.
The whole event should be complete by 11.00hrs when refreshments will be available. The wearing of uniform for the presentations is optional but preferred.
The organisers would appreciate any help with 30 minutes of clearing up at the end.
SAFETY ON SITE
For your safety and the future of the event please observe the following whilst on the School premises:
- No smoking anywhere in the School or anywhere on site.
- Fire Exits must be kept clear.
- Do not obstruct doors or gangways.
- Do not obstruct or tamper with fire fighting equipment.
- Familiarise yourself with the fire evacuation procedure.
- If you discover a fire, sound the alarm, alert a Southern 50 member of staff and call the fire services (or ensure someone does).
- On hearing the alarm proceed to the nearest fire exit and make your way to the fire assembly point outside the building.
- Once outside at the assembly point give your name to the official on duty.
- The Southern 50 organisers will appoint fire wardens who will patrol the School and take charge in the event of a fire. Please follow any instructions they give.